Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the world. Cancer refers to any one of a large number of diseases characterized by the development of abnormal cells that divide uncontrollably and have the ability to infiltrate and destroy normal body tissue. Cancer often has the ability to spread throughout your body.
Some general signs and symptoms:
2. Lump or area of thickening that can be felt under the skin (गांठ या गाढ़ा होने का क्षेत्र जो त्वचा के नीचे महसूस किया जा सकता है )
3.Weight changes, including unintended loss or gain (वजन में बदलाव, अनपेक्षित नुकसान या लाभ सहित)
4. Skin changes- such as yellowing and darkening or redness of the skin (त्वचा में बदलाव, जैसे त्वचा का पीला होना, काला पड़ना या लाल होना)
5. Changes in bowel or bladder habits (आंत्र या मूत्राशय की आदतों में परिवर्तन )
6. Persistent cough or trouble breathing (लगातार खांसी या सांस लेने में तकलीफ )
7. Difficulty swallowing (निगलने में कठिनाई )
8. Hoarseness (स्वर बैठना )
9. Persistent indigestion or discomfort after eating (खाने के बाद लगातार अपच या बेचैनी )
10. Persistent, unexplained muscle or joint pain(लगातार, अस्पष्टीकृत मांसपेशी या जोड़ों का दर्द)
11. Persistent, unexplained fevers or night sweats (लगातार, अस्पष्टीकृत बुखार या रात को पसीना )
12. Unexplained bleeding or bruising (अस्पष्टीकृत रक्तस्राव या चोट )
Read also: Five stages of your sex life
Cancer Treatment: What Are the Options?
Most people with cancer will have some type of surgery. The main goal is to remove tumors, tissue, or areas with cancer cells, such as lymph nodes. Doctors also may do it to diagnose the disease or find out how serious it is.
In many cases, surgery offers the best chance of getting rid of the disease, especially if it hasn’t spread to other parts of the body.
Type of cancer-
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- skin cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Thyroid cancer
Type of surgery-
- Laser surgery (beams of light)
- Electrosurgery (electric currents)
- Cryosurgery (very cold temperatures to freeze cancer cells)
You get most chemo medications through an injection into a vein.
But you can get some types as a shot in your muscle, under your skin, or as an ointment or cream to put on your skin.
Radiation itself isn’t painful, but afterward, you may have pain, fatigue, and skin rashes around the place you got the treatment. Side effects depend on where your cancer is. For example, if you’re having a head or neck radiation, you may get a dry mouth.
Your Awareness is the first step in the battle against cancer, Wishing you good health stay aware and stay healthy.